Biryani: Chicken, mutton or Vegetables
- You need half hand full of coriander and 1 bunch of pudina(mint) leaves and 2 chilies. Mix in a mixer with small piece of cinnamon (1/4 inch).
Don’t add water.
- Now make ginger garlic paste…or u can use ready made also. Keep these separate ready
- In another cup, add 1/2 tbs red chili and 1/2 tbs coriander powder and 1/4 tbs turmeric. Keep this separate
- Now in small plate, take spices (whatever available with you) : bay leaf -1, cinnamon stick 1/2 inch, cardamom 1/2, clove 2, marati mukku (one flower like thing), and one thread like flower marati mukku you take one 1 peta. Keep this separate
- Take basmati rice or normal rice and soak in the mean time. (abt 30 min)
- You may want chicken or mutton or Vegetables (Carrot, Beans and other vegetables). Clean and cut and keep it aside well drained
- Drain the rice also and keep it aside
- Now u are ready to cook
- Heat oil. Add all the spices. add sounf(fennel seed) also. Add 2 cut onions and fry in cooker.
- When onion is transparent, add 2 cut tomatoes. add 1.5 tbs salt, and fry.
- After 1 min, add all the 1 pinch garam masala (don’t add too much)., the spice powder (chili, coriander and turmeric). Fry till the tomatoes are cooked and oil oozes out.
- Now add your meat and fry till meat is half cooked.
- Add rice and fry till rice is fully covered with gravy.
- Now add 2 glass water for 1 glass rice.
- Squeeze 1 lemon at last. Close the cooker and let it cook
You are done!
- When u get it down, keep it open for 5 min, till the excess water evaporates
- mix well but don’t break the rice.
Serve hot with salad
- Salad: Add finely chopped onion to curd. Add little salt into this mixture.